Saturday, October 15, 2011

the race day

salam.

Managed 7th placing with a personal best of 20minutes 22seconds, better by 20seconds from the previous best. Deep in my heart core, a top 5 placing would have been more satisfying. Nevertheless, I managed to accomplish my top ten target in this year Men’s Open Category for state level. And as a complement, my district won the overall group champion.

Thought of writing earlier this morning while I was still in the state of euphoria but was tied up. The writing would be of a different tune..

Anyway, the first lap I was at 5th position but I ran out of gas and was overtaken by two younger runners. Am I making excuses for the not-so-good position I got? Well, it depends on how you look at things la, okay. Personally, I didn’t have enough practice, which was my mistakes, and age does play a factor here too. But looking on the bright side, after reflecting on the race, it could have been much worse. Now that the race is over, it’s normal to have the ‘ifs’. Guess that is a usual after-effect of something done, kan.. layankan saje.

Now I just feel like dozing off.. is that another after-effect too? : )

Running part 1 by The World According To Marty

No comments:

 

Bali Accommodation