Thursday, October 13, 2011

the new istana negara @ white elephant


salam.

The new Istana Negara @ palace is in the midst of construction. I wonder what will happen to the old one once this new palace is ready. for all you might know, it will be demolished, and the prime land will be acquired by cronies of the ruling party, and tenders as well as contracts will be handed to cronies to build and build, doesn’t matter what they build, as long as the cronies and more importantly, the people with power and connection will make profit out of nothing. That’s my wild guess. We’ve just to wait to see whether what I forecast is true or otherwise.

Anyway, back to my discontentment. why the need to build a new palace, with a cost of over RM800 million, when it will only be used sparingly and occasionally, with nobody living there, when at the same time, the same amount of money can be used to build 11 500 low cost houses costing at approximately RM70 000 each, or 160 schools with the state of the art technology costing at RM5 million per unit? Which in your right frame of mind is more practical? It’s a rhetoric question, so don’t bother to answer, ok.

I don’t see the rationale of having another white elephant, except for making the few chosen ones richer. Sorry if I sound so pessimistic or negative but I just can’t help feeling cheated @ taken for a ride with the ruling party bullshits. I sincerely hope that the masses would be able to distinguish between real developments to pure shit.

Vox Populi Vox Dei!

No comments:

 

Bali Accommodation