Thursday, September 20, 2012

Man proposes, God disposes...

Salam again.


thot of writing two days ago but as the title above states, i was unable to..


it was alisya's birthday then, (she's my third child) and i was planning to take the family out for an outing that night. late afternoon, it began to pour, and it continued till the next day, mind you! about 545pm, i had to fetch my son at school. when i was about a km away, the road heading to the school was flooded. so i had to manoeuvre my way around the housing area near the school in order to rescue my son.. To cut a long story short, i found my son with his friends happily playing in the waist-high water.. Peh! anyway, when i was about to reach home, the road leading to my house was flooded. still, i managed to reach home safely. because of the continuous rain, i cancelled the outing planned. that night, as the rain continued to pour down, my neighbours' houses were flooded. by midnite, the level of water rose high enough to enter my living. luckily i had anticipated this and had moved whatever stuffs to higher ground. i prayed hard that the water level would not rise any further. due to a mix of anxiety as well as tiredness, i felt asleep only to wake up at 3am. no, it wasn't anything, but maybe the thot of my home being overwhelmed with water made me got up. thankfully the water level was no more higher than previous seen.


when i got up at dawn, as morning break, the first view from the balcony was that my house had become an island sort of. water, water, water all around. thank god the water that had managed to seep into the living was within control. so as not to panic, i had breakfast and then only went out into the water. around the compound of my home, it was tulang kering deep. as i made my way outside the gate, i found the water to be knee deep and at certain areas, almost to my waist. i never thot that this would happen to me, putting aside the experience i had in limau kasturi many, many years ago. not in this residential area. i had no choice but to be absent from school. the same goes for the rest of my family members. many neighbours had to move temporarily to a hall for shelter. i was adamant, and stayed put in my home. that evening, the water level receded by a mere 4inches but it was enough for the living and my porch to be cleaned up..


many plans went astray. still i'm grateful that my family, home and properties were safe. as for now, my family is the utmost important to me. home and properties you can work out your ways to get them again, but family: wow! it can never be the same coz God creates everybody in their own unique ways, look and characteristics as well as other traits.


what have i learned from this experience? for one, give your love to the one you love everytime possible so that you'll never regret. another lesson, well, the title above implies everything, kan..


last words for this moment: dream on, but never expect miracle!


it's zohor, so i've got to go. Ciao!  oct 2008

No comments:

 

Bali Accommodation