Thursday, March 1, 2012

happy birthday bak & mak!

To My Children

when I spill some food on my nice clean dress,

or maybe forget to tie my shoe,

please be patient and perhaps reminisce,

about the many hours I spent with you.

when I taught you how to eat with care,

plus tying laces and your numbers, too,

dressing yourself and combing your hair,

those were precious hours spent with you.

so when I forget what I was about to say,

just give me a minute – or two,

it probably wasn’t important anyway,

and I would much rather listen to you.

if I tell the story one more time,

and you know the ending through and through,

please remember your first nursery rhyme,

when I rehearsed it a hundred times with you.

when my legs are tired and it’s hard to stand,

or walk the steady pace that I would like to do,

please take me carefully by my hand,

and guide me now as I often did for you.

-Virginia Base-

No comments:

 

Bali Accommodation