Saturday, December 25, 2010

3 days 2 nights of Kelantan experience

It was the 14th of December. Tuesday morning. 6 am. I was alive again, and contemplated whether to go to Kelantan or otherwise. I’d go. Straight away, got up, bathed, solat, packed my stuffs, and at half past seven, I was riding away on my trusted virago, which I had christened rasta bike. It was very cold, since it was still early, especially when I reached Cameron Highlands. Thot it was going to rain but by the time I reached Lojing, the sun was shining brightly. I rode all the way without stopping till I reached shell station in Gua Musang at 11 am sharp. After stretching my limbs, a stick of dunhill, I was on my way again. Half an hour later, I was at ku’s place. Kak pah, kak chik and kak nik plus bad were home except for ku. It seemed he had gone to gunung rabong with a couple of friends. Had lunch, after shower and prayer. Then straight to limau kasturi. By 2.45 I was having teh separuh there, compliment of mat chok. Mat pok sar was already waiting for me, and after changing clothes, I was in the perahu with him and ayahanda. Drifted way up to labi where we parked the vessel and fish, using fishing rods brought along by mat. We only managed two small fry, but the experience of being in sungai galas, back to nature, was priceless. After two hours, went to the station, killing the time with the regulars. They were playing haji, as usual. Sat beside the railroad with amran awe amin and chatted while recollecting the memories. Walk home then by the railway line, across sungai kerak and the football field which I used to spend my evenings playing soccer with supe sekala. At night, din’s wife prepared dinner consisting of ikan lampam, and the small fry caught earlier. We had it with dips of budu and cabai burung . Such a unique and mouthwatering experience, I would say. Mat jani came over, and together with din and mat chok, we had small talks till midnite. i had a good night sleep at mat chok’s parents. Dead tired, I guess.. zzzzzz..
The next morning, spent time with cikgu fnd, breakfast together at pak muda’s @ mat chok’s, and at ten past ten, was on my way to kb. The last time I stepped foot in kb was in 2002. Eight years had passed. Time flew so hastily. Leaving behind joys and tears.. Met li paya bemban at kedai lama. Bought stuffs for the family members, then at 5, went in search of cikgu ghazy, whom I’d heard a lot about. Along j
alan pcb, found his place. After the standard pleasantries, told him of my intention. He was full of knowledge, and to a certain extent, casted doubt too. We sat facing each other for five hours, talking about God and the knowledge leading to His path. It was very enlightening. Sure made me think of things. at 11 pm, li paya bembe came to get me. Had dinner cum supper, and on the way back to his place, stopped by to fetch his ayam serama. Took a bath, prayed and at half past one, was away in dreamland..

Only at 645 am I managed to wake up. Thot of leaving home early in the morning, but since I had yet gone to kg huda, postponed it by a couple of hours. At kg huda, met uncle, su yah and fadli. Miema came too with her daughter. Kg huda was also my getaway port from limau kasturi at the early part of my stint in Kelantan. Many unforgettable things happened here with mat daed and his family. The incident I remembered the most was when I was down with jaundice. i thot i was going to die then. i had the worst headache of my life, and everything i tried to consume, came out again. but mat daed's mum treated me like her own child. she sponged me, massaged my head and body, prepared soup for me, just like my own mum. her words comforted me. over time, i was back to normal and i just couldn't thank her enough. Mat daed’s mum.. how could I forget her when every time I went to kg huda, I had to make sure her pack of benson and hedges was there. That’s done, I had to massage her now and then, play the guitar and sing for her. Sometimes she would sing along, song like menaruh harapan. Peh! We had our moments.. That’s life back then..
Finally, at 11, I was heading home via salor, rantau panjang,panglima bayu, jeli and reached grik at 130 pm to fill up the tank. The sun was scorching almost unbearably all the while I was in Kelantan. But by the time I got to kuala kangsar, it started to rain. All the way till home! Stopped for a while at manong, and finally, at 445, I reached home after riding my rasta bike for almost 800km in 3 days and 2 nights. All in all, it was another treasured and haunting moment in my life.
Layan….

No comments:

 

Bali Accommodation