Thursday, May 20, 2010

terpele'ot jari gue..

















my fingers then.


















my little finger now.


salam.

about three weeks ago i was mowing the grass around my house when the grass cutter started to choke. i quickly used my little finger to press a small pump to retain the engine revolutions. suddenly, the finger slipped and hit the side of the machine. "Adoi!" was the immediate reaction for the pain that tingled into my nerve. as i was wearing gloves, i didn't notice what had happened to my finger. after a while, needing to rest and recover, i switched off the engine, took off my gloves, when i saw my finger swollen and bend. i tried to move it but was not able to. because the pain had subsided, i decided to ignore it and continued cutting the grass.
after a couple of weeks, when i saw that the swelling was still there and i still couldn't move the finger, i went to see a 'bomoh patah'. the guy couldn't do much and asked me to see the doctor. so, last tuesday, i went to see one, had my finger x-rayed, and the diagnosis was that the ligament around the finger was completely torn, and there's no way for it to be fixed. peh!
now you see, how powerless we are. luckily @ thank God, it was the little finger. if it were to be the thumb, die lah!
later, i have an appointment with the physiotherapist to see whether he could help me out in any way.
am i complaining here? no. just sharing with you how it feels to lose something, albeit the movement of a little finger only.
The moral: God decides everything. we are just mere mortals who have no share in the decision making of the universe happenings.

layan....

No comments:

 

Bali Accommodation