Sunday, January 18, 2015

school holidays till today - ii


It seemed everywhere it was raining.  And it started flooding. My sangkar ikan was not spared too. Luckily it was still intact. Syukur. But the east coast was the worst affected. And the unthinkable happened. The flood at the east coast, which was a yearly occurrence, was running amok this time and no one anticipated it. Limau kasturi, the place I first taught, was badly hit, along with other villages along the galas river namely kemubu, dabong,  manek urai, pemberian, karangan, to name a few. The houses there were either swept away by the strong current, or moved to another site, or at the very least, submerged in the water. What made things even worse was mud accompanied the water, and everything came so sudden. The flood smashed into everything and shoved and plunged anything in its way. ( I will write specifically about this in banjir limau kasturi, insyaAllah) the whole nation was astounded by this event. Never before in the history of Malaysia such a massive and devastative flood had taken place. More than half a million people had to run to higher ground. Sorry is an understatement of what I felt then. It was beyond that. Sigh.







By the end of December, meetings were held and I was at school for three consecutive days. On the 30th it was announced that first day of school was postponed by another week. I was delighted for the extra week holiday but at the same time it meant that the flood was worse than foresee. But I managed to do kerja amal bantuan mangsa banjir during that one extra week. Syukur.



Oh, I did manage to do two paintings and finish the novel the client by john grisham, too. 

And finally, school days were back. Last week that was. My mind as usual was not really ready. Still I made my best effort to get through the days at school. First meeting with all the classes; I’m teaching two form fives and three form fours classes; was a mixture of sharing hopes and dreams with the students for this year and the near future. Hopefully they, the students would do their best in every single thing they do. Last Thursday was in alor setar, taking nabil for his vo-tech interview. Hope he’d get a place insyaAllah.

And this afternoon, just got home from a night in pj. Glad to be with bak and mak again, having dinner with them, borak2 with mak, meeting al, ajib and kak asiah, as well as visiting nazam before leaving for home. I even managed an hour with hakam, btw. Ahaks.. mantul time, kan.. it was rather brief, but my being home in pj was what really count.


And tomorrow school starts again. And hopefully I’ll be in my stride, teaching and sharing ideas with full of vigor and enthusiasm, alive and well, living life to the fullest, and making everyday another extraordinary day. Kan, kan..

Another day to live. God willing.
Layan..

No comments:

 

Bali Accommodation