Saturday, August 31, 2013

reading into Life of Pi

Currently, I am reading Life of Pi.
You may be forgiven if you express, “what? Again?” if you had remembered that I first mentioned about Life of Pi sometime last month, during the fasting month kot..

Well, I am still into it. Which means I have yet to finish and to be precise, I stopped at page 229 just now before maghrib. Another 200 pages to go in order to finish the story. Most probably this is one of the longest times I have taken to finish up a novel. No, don’t get me wrong. The story is as interesting as you can imagine, way better than the movie, but perhaps the details of the story, written from the 1st person view, can be quite taxing, if I may say so. The writer @ narrator, in relating his experiences, dwells about his feelings, his thoughts. It’s taxing because I can’t help but to sail deep into my realm of thoughts and feelings as well. Every time I read the novel, after a few pages, the idea of the story connects to me, or should I say, I connect to the story in my own kingdom of life.

For now, I am still reading it, and reading into it..

The sea, inches beneath me yet to far to see.. page 208

God who is within and beyond and surround,
Who is so near, yet the darkness of the heart
Veils us from seeing
Him..

The ocean was a smooth skin, reflecting the light
With a million mirrors.. page 212

God shows Himself Majestically in millions of
Instances yet unnoticeable by the mortal eyes
What a shame!

 
Layan..


No comments:

 

Bali Accommodation