Monday, June 20, 2011

The Alchemist


Salam.

The book above is the one I'm indulging myself into, during my free time. It is acclaimed to be an international bestselling phenomenon, but so far it's not living up to expectation, mine that is.. Most probably because the original was written using the author's mother tongue whereby the one I have is in English. Thus, the impact is not that great.. ye la kot.. Nevertheless, I have yet to finish it. Hope I'm wrong. For the fact, The Alchemist is an allegorical novel by Paulo Coelho first published in 1988. The Alchemist was originally written in Portuguese and has since been translated into 67 languages, winning the Guinness World Record for most translated book by a living author. It has sold more than 65 million copies in more than 150 countries, becoming one of the best-selling books in history. Hebat tu, beb!

Well, anyway, here’s some stuff which I found quite interesting to share with you guys out there. layan..

"We are afraid of losing what we have, whether it's our lives or our possessions and property. But this fear evaporates when we understand that our life stories and the history of the world is written by the same hand."

"One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving."

No comments:

 

Bali Accommodation