Saturday, December 31, 2011

end of a holiday..

salam.

I’ve wanted to write this piece for some time now but kept it on hold. why? too many things to be done which made me postponed it.. it was the start of the school holiday when it crossed my mind to write this piece, but today is just a few days away from schooldays again..

actually for the month of December I had written down a list of chores which was quite abundance.

frstly, kebun was among my priorities. I had to go to Jawang, Selabak, Sg Tiram and Mandah to provide fertilizer, poison the weed, and yield the harvest. very, very tiring but worth every single drop of sweat, I tell ya.. it was good to be in the kebuns, drenched with sweat, alone, the aroma of nature was the only companion. the silence in the kebun can be tantalizing, to be with the One.. went to each kebun at least twice, so I guess a lot of time was spend there.. my missus did follow me to Jawang early school holiday. a new experience for her.. while I fertilized the palm oil trees, she gathered the ripe seeds scattered on the ground. she managed around 30 kilos of the seeds, which in farming vocabulary, is quite fantastic. all in all, kebun is my passion now..

palm oil fruitlets by eddie.lau my other priority was the family. I promised the children new bicycles, took them back to pj twice, and in between those trips, went to Sogo via the LRT and a stroll in the alley of KL to do some Year-End shopping, went to Book Access together with Ida and Al, stopping for lunch at McD, came back home and bought school stuffs: uniform, shoes, bags, stationery, and this time around since Nabil was going to hostel, he got a lot more than the others. I even took them to McD again, KFC, and even Pizza Hut. we even managed a day trip to pangkor.

pangkor is actually a nice place to visit, if not for the many people flocking there every other weekend, especially Coral Bay. maybe next time we can spend a night at mel’s anjungan spa..


when we came back, we painted the picket fence, planted grass in the yard on the other side of the fence,

and I jogged while they rode their bicycles in the morning.. I feel that I’ve spent quality time with them, but maybe I could have done more.. as for bak and mak, they are doing fine, except that bak had a fall a week ago, and it did cause my heart to miss a beat.. gotta see him soon. hmm..

thirdly, school was also on my agenda. I went to school at least once a week during this holiday, mostly coz I just wanted to see how things were. I had to prepare the oral test certificates for the form threes, which actually could have been settled much earlier but for the fact that I liked to put it off. well, not really that way since when I looked at it again, my hands were tied up with other engagements, tau.. and school is starting again in a few days time. Aggggh! dread it, if I may be blunt..

and next Wednesday, it’s school day again! Schooldays by dawn_2008

oh, before I forget , I did go back to south Kelantan for a one-night trip. it was Lekir – Simpang Pulai – Gua Musang - Perasu – Pahi - Limau Kasturi – Lekir again. at Perasu met up with ku, who as always had enchanting stories for me, then met up with Tie and her immediate family members at pahi. it was kind of nostalgic coz it was almost ten years ago since we last met. at limau, slept at nordin’s after having ikan lampam masak gulai asam for dinner. Lampam by PCA1160

oh, yesterday went to kebun sg tiram to plant 10 kelapa pandan seedlings. I’m praying hard that this kelapa pandan trees will bear fruit in another couple of years. and this morning went for a ride to Kuala Kangsar. amik duit hasil kebun, beb.. dapat la satu k sekali pegi kutip duit.. layannn je cruising atas rastaman sorang2 ni..RASTAMAN by btejada1

lastly, come to think of it, I couldn’t have asked for more with what I’d managed to complete @ fulfill @ do @ spend during this holiday.. but being mere mortals we are always in search of something better. tak gitu? layan..

No comments:

 

Bali Accommodation