Tuesday, December 2, 2008

birthday

salam.
it's my birthday la.. :o)
according to my mum, whom i spoke to earlier this afternoon, i was born on sunday night, 5th of ramadhan, 15695 days ago,but if i'm not mistaken, she'd told me before that i was born on thursday night, around 11pm. takpe la, i'll found about it later.
so, u r asking, anything special today? honestly, everyday that i wake up from sleep, there's something waiting for me. how do i know? coz God still wants me to be around, that's why i'm still alive and kicking, definitely there's a special reason, kan. what say you?
well, this morning as planned, took the lil ones to teluk batik for a splash in the sea. when we got there, which was at 8 on the dot, the place was deserted, except for two pairs of lovebirds. the beach and sea was ours.. i didnt stay long in the water, maybe coz i wanted to capture this precious moment in my heart, as well as in my camera. after an hour, we had shower, then straight to my friend's place for breakfast. we had kari ikan pari with canai + teh tarik. the rest of the day was the usual stuff, now and then a message on my mobile with birthday wishes. oh, before i forget, the lil ones gave me cards they made on their own. my missus gave me a kek lapis, though i would have preferred a cho-co-la-te cake hands down. tapi tak kisah la, kan..
i dont normally look forward to celebrate my birthday. one reason is because i'm getting older. another reason is, birthday is not meant to be celebrated, but look upon as a day to be thankful for everything that has come along the way till today. in a few hours time, today will be over. and if ever i get to wake up tomorrow morning after my slumber, then i'm thankful, coz it's another 'birthday' for me.
you know, few weeks back, my kids were asking me, "pa, when's your birthday?" "everyday" i would answer. well, i was not being funny but in the actual sense, i was telling the truth. to me, every other day that we wake up to, that is considered a 'birthday'. dont you think so? think properly la. what is birth day? birth day is the day you are born, kan. so, every night that we go to bed, isn't that supposed to be our 'death', albeit a short one? as such, when we wake up the next morning, dont you see that as another 'birth'? mind sharing your view?
gotta go for now. other things waiting for me tonight. time is limited. hope there's another day in store for me tomorrow, insyaAllah. until then, b good. ciao!

No comments:

 

Bali Accommodation