Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Ronda² Malaya - d prelude

 Normally, after working hard, physically and mentally, for almost a year teaching and educating my students, my wife and I would embark on a trip somewhere spending our hard-earned money hahaa.. Well, the money saved is meant for something, right? I mean, aren’t we supposed to spend it, after saving it? Bukan boleh bawak mati pun. Knnnn hahahaa


But this time around, since we are still in the midst of covid-19, we couldn’t go on a trip to a foreign land. So we decided to travel around Malaysia, at a leisurely drive, visiting our relatives and old friends along the way. Well, that was the plan lah. But it’s supposed to be just the two of us, so what about the children? Definitely they would be left at home, and not to disappoint them, I took everyone to a riverside resort at Lenggong. A prelude for our ronda Malaya trip later. It was only a one nite stay, but it was a time well spent. On the promised Saturday, we left home around half past ten and stopped at Kuala Kangsar for our lunch beside Sungai Perak. Then we headed for Muzium Lenggong but sadly it was closed, due to covid lah. I was looking forward to see the Perak man. Probably next time kot inshaAllah. We even managed to stop by at kg Luat to meet my wife’s foster family for a while. Then, half an hour later, we reached the resort. It was perfectly located: not too far from the main road, and trees, durian and others, covered the whole area, and right beside it, was the river with its clear and pristine water awaiting us. I booked two glamping sites for the children, and my wife and I stayed in a chalet. Straight away, we jumped into the water. It was so cool and refreshing, and we were in the water for almost three hours. Pehh! Layan..  Later at nite, we grilled the marinated meat: chicken, mutton and venison. Since the place had limited glamping sites, there were not many people and it seemed we had the whole place to ourselves. Grilling and eating beside the river, drinking coffee (kopi kedah yg terbaek!) while killing away the time, was totally a new experience for the children. Nothing compares to seeing the smiles on the children’s faces.









By midnite, it was boom2 time. The next morning, I went for another splash in the river, before having my breakfast. Takut terkenang.. Then at 10 we left for home, but before that, we stopped at the so called famous laksa pokok limau in Kuala Kangsar to test the dishes. My wife had been asking me to go there for quite some time, and yours truly obliged. Finally. Hahaa! 


Considering that Iliya and Lisa were having online classes, so it was not a problem for Abil, Arief n Nia to stay home together with their sisters in the event that their parents were to be gone for a while. Therefore, immediately after that, I did my homework for ronda Malaya trip. I searched for places to stop along the way, hotels to stay, roads to take, whom to visit and so on.

Initially we wanted to leave on the 23rd of December but we had to delay for a day since my wife was having a meeting on that day. So it would be the 24th then, inshaAllah, we would start our journey. 


No comments:

 

Bali Accommodation